File name: 2_SST.ts
Purpose: Performs the popular Sell-Steal-Transport red cashing method between two ships.
Trigger Point: Sector command prompt
- Fast and functional SST between two ships/ports
- Fully configurable and port-independant haggle support
- Adjustable turn limiter; deactivates script when turns reach a certain point
- Automatic bust and profit calculations can be broadcasted on sub-space radio
- Cumulative steal quantity based from player experience for maximum profit
- Easy to use configuration menu
- Resistant to interference from in-game messages
- Fast product sales when haggling is not required
- Automatic and intelligent port upgrades
Usage: Run this script from the sector command prompt, inside one of the two ships you will be using for SST. Both ships must either have equipment in their cargo holds, or their holds must be empty.
Make sure both ships are in transport range of each other and in orbit of xxB ports. The script will automatically upgrade the ports if this is needed.
This script uses a haggling algorithm that attempts to lock on to the best sell price for each port. This means that although the haggling may seem to be extremely inefficient to start with, it should improve as the routine continues its work.
Warnings: This script will make its first steal from the ship you start it in. Make sure this was not the last port you stole from.
Do not run this script at ports you have active busts at - this will fake bust you.
Do not run this script underneath ports that have been upgraded to their maximum (unless there is plenty of equipment available to steal).
Make sure both ships are within transport range of each other.
Make sure you are in control of the fighters in both sectors. Enemy fighters will block the port queries required by the script to run. However, leaving no fighters under the ports will make you a target for players trying to hunt you.
Make sure you have your steal factor set correctly. Setting it too high will cause you to bust far more than you otherwise should.
Notes: SST is a basic money maker for red players. The 6 turn cycle is as follows (from sector in ship A):
1. Sell equipment to port A (1 turn)
2. Steal equipment from port A (1 turn)
3. Transport to ship B (1 turn)
4. Sell equipment to port B (1 turn)
5. Steal equipment from port B (1 turn)
6. Transport to ship A (1 turn)
In thoery it is possible to make up to around 13M credits as a red running in a 1000 turn game. But because of bust handling and bad ports, this figure usually falls to around 8-11M with blue support players.